Here is what I have found after some years of research on this topic. Of course, there is a lot more information about geodesic domes. But the best way I found to show it is this digital book.
Some true facts:
- Not only Plato and Pythagoras have spoken about domes, but also there are documents from Da Vinci and Kepler.
- There are two first patented geodesic domes. By Bauersfeld and Fuller.
- Germany registered the first geodesic dome and still exist in the city of Jena
- Lloyd Kahn played an important role in spreading the word related to DIY domes in his “Domebook”.
- Kristoffer Tejlgaard and Benny Jepsen decided to create in 2012- a deconstructed, geodesic dome using locally sourced and recycled wood.
Versión en español